Monday, June 21, 2021

WHY AREN'T YOU VACCINATED?

 

          There are two reasons I have chosen not to be vaccinated against COVID-19.  One reason is logical and rational and the other is, perhaps, not.

 

          The Rational Reason

 

          It simply does not make sense for me to get the shots, considering everything.

 

          I have been working fulltime in a big-box store for the entire duration of the COVID madness, coming within inches of hundreds of people every day.  All kinds of people.  For much, but not all of the time, we have been required to wear cloth or paper masks, but people take their masks off, or pull them down when they want to communicate, or wear them improperly.  Customers sometimes touch me to get my attention.

 

          I am routinely exposed to whatever germs are floating around, including COVID, and I think this experience strengthens my immune system, which is why I rarely get sick.  Philadelphia has certainly had its “spikes,” with high case counts and hundreds of deaths, so I must have encountered COVID over the last eighteen months.  A few of my co-workers have contracted COVID, but not me.

 

           We have known from the beginning that about 80% of us have a natural pre-existing immunity.  That was the lesson of the Diamond Princess, the cruise ship stranded in Yokohama in January of 2020, where only 19% of those aboard became infected, though everyone was exposed to the virus (and each other), for weeks.

 

          Studies of household transmission now give us the same range.  A review of 54 studies, published by the JAMA Network on December 14, 2020, reported that the “secondary attack rate” in households, among 77,758 people, was 16.6%.

 

          Despite what we have been told from the beginning, COVID-19 is not a “novel coronavirus.”  Yes, it is new, but it is sufficiently similar to prior coronaviruses that many of us have a naturally-acquired immunity to it.

 

          I am convinced I am one of those people.  If you have locked yourself in your house for the last eighteen months, you may not know whether you have a prior immunity, but I do.  It seems the only logical conclusion from my experience of being out in the world every day, yet not catching the damn thing.  I realize there may be a tiny possibility I am wrong, but my level of fear on catching COVID-19 is basically zero.

 

          If the vaccines were as safe as we are told EVERY FREAKIN’ DAY, I might still get the shots, however.  I mean, why not?  I do things my doctor tells me even though I don’t really share her concerns.  I’m an obedient patient about getting tests and vaccinations and whatever else a guy my age should get.

 

          However, there have been a large number of deaths and injuries reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), which is run by the CDC and the FDA.  As of June 11, 2021, the database contained reports of 2588 deaths and over 24,000 hospitalizations attributed to the vaccines.  And since not all such events get reported to the VAERS, it is likely the actual numbers of deaths and hospitalizations are quite a bit higher.

 

          Why not get vaccinated?  Well, my quite rational reason is that the virus itself does not scare me even a little bit, but the vaccines pose a genuine danger.

 

          The Irrational Reason   

 

          Petty dictators (including Governors Cuomo, Wolf, Murphy, and Whitmer), robbed tens of thousands of nursing home residents of their last few years of life by exposing them to COVID patients released from hospitals, and then forced these elderly people to die alone by forbidding any contact with family members.  And then they lied about what they did.

 

          These same bureaucrats and authoritarians robbed American kids of eighteen months of childhood by ordering them to strap snotty diapers on their faces, preventing them from going to school, banning any play with their friends and shutting down youth sports of all kinds.  The toll in children’s physical and mental health problems is just beginning to be assessed.

 

          They destroyed a hundred thousand small businesses that represented the dreams and life savings of millions, while throwing tens of millions out of work.

 

          They separated family and friends, and forced all of us to fear each other as potential sources of a deadly contagion.

 

            They buried the fact that the virus escaped from a Chinese bioweapons facility partly funded by America because it would have been impolite to the Chinese to say it.

 

           They changed all public health precedents by vaccinating pregnant women (something we have never done before), killing some of the women and their babies.  They also insist on using their experimental vaccines on children for whom COVID poses no statistical risk.

 

          And because of lockdowns and economic disruptions in the West, they have condemned 100 million people in the Third World to fall into “abject poverty” (defined as living on less than $2/day), which will cause millions of deaths from starvation and starvation-related diseases.

 

          So why not get vaccinated?  What’s my irrational reason for not getting the shot?

 

          Because the bastards want me to.  Because these killers and dictators tell me to get vaccinated every stinking day.  Because they have been wrong about masks and lockdowns and schools and asymptomatic spread and everything else from the first minute of this madness, because they have killed millions in the process, and because they are willing to kill millions more.  Because they just don’t care so long as they remain in power.

 

          The hell with them.

 

Copyright2021MichaelKubacki     

No comments:

Post a Comment