Friday, April 17, 2020

CORONA---Random Thoughts



     One of the first symptoms of coronavirus is said to be the loss of the sense of smell.  Actually, the very first thing to go is the sense of humor.

*

     Now that I am required to wear a mask for eight hours straight while I'm working---well, one naturally examines the situation, searching for the bright side.  So far, the only thing I've been able to come up with is that when I'm finished eating, I don't have to wipe my face anymore.  I just put the mask on.

*

     In Philly, there are many houses with anti-Trump lawn signs that say "Hate Has No Home Here."  The signs have been there for 3 1/2 years.  I used to think that, in terms of narcissistic virtue-signaling, nothing could possibly be more annoying.

     I was wrong.  The campaign to get people to stand at their front doors and clap for health care workers at 7:00 PM every day is worse.

*

     Overheard outside of Cuomo's office: "Wait a minute!  What are we gonna do with all these goddamn ventilators???"



     There seems to be a movement to end the custom of shaking hands, not just for the duration of the coronavirus outbreak, but forever.  Dr. Fauci said recently, “I don’t think we should ever shake hands again, to be honest with you.”  Trump, who is a known germophobe, later seemed to agree.  “Maybe people aren’t going to be shaking hands anymore,“ he said.

     That’s why I've started patting everybody on the butt.

*

“Give me liberty or give me death!”
                   ---Thomas Paine, 1775

“I propose to fight it out on this line if it takes all summer.”
                   ---Ulysses S. Grant, 1863

“The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.”
                   ---Franklin Roosevelt, 1933

"Fear kills more people than death."
                   ---George S. Patton, 1944

“America was not built on fear.  America was built on courage, on imagination, on an unbeatable determination…”
                   ---Harry Truman, 1948

"Some things are beyond your control. You can lose your health to illness or accident. You can lose your wealth to all manner of unpredictable sources. What are not easily stolen from you without your cooperation are your principles and your values.
                   ---Neil Armstrong, 1979

“Stay Safe.”
                   ---America, 2020

Copyright2020MichaelKubacki

No comments:

Post a Comment